Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Classic Car Auctions - Buying


The saying "they just don't make them like they use to" certainly applies to the automobile industry. I for one am a big fan and owner of classic cars. Some of my favorite classic cars include the Camaro, Shelby, Corvette, Thunderbird and just about any muscle car. There are a few automakers like Ford and Chevrolet that are trying to mimic that vintage look. But when it comes down to it there just isn't anything like the original.


At the outset of my article I talked about how I'm an owner of classic cars. In fact I currently own a Shelby and in the past I owned two Corvettes. Now the amazing thing about my ownership of these classic sports cars is the fact that I paid way less than what they were valued at. These cars were not in bad condition either. I did make some modifications but the cars did not need them. They were already in great running condition.


Here's the million dollar question... How in the world was I able to get those cars way under value and in perfect condition? The answer is by auctions. The government auctioned them off to me in a liquidation. All I had to do was travel 40 miles from where I live to go to the auction location, submit my auction and take it home. The bid I submitted was so low that I actually never expected to win. Turns out I did win and the cars I have owned I have sold and made profits on them.


Now if you are looking to own a classic car but don't know how to afford them don't let this opportunity pass you by. The government liquidates their stock of cars, including classic cars, all year long. And they do this nationally. Every state has its own auction program. So if you are really interested in getting classic cars this is the most affordable route I would recommend.








Now the next thing you are going to need is an online auction finder for your area. This is a tool that keeps track of all the auctions going on all over the USA. It also tells you what cars will be available; which is important in finding classic cars. You can use it at http://www.Police-Car-Auctions.info/.

No comments: